Thursday 4 April 2013

Make-Up..March Favourites

After thinking of what to blog about, I decided that it's only a couple of days into April so I would do a blog of the make-up products that I have loved the most in March.
So, i have chosen the five products that I have loved the most, so here they are : 

First of all is the M.A.C Plush Lash Mascara, which was around £15. M.A.C isn't the cheapest brand but the all their products are of high quality. I got given this mascara as a gift and it's a great mascara that gives a good even coverage on your eyelashes. I have this mascara in black but I think this would also look really good in a brown/black shade because it whether you have a lot of it on or just a thin coat it looks lovely and stays quite well. Also, it stays on all day without smudging! It has a large 'fat' brush, that gives your eyelashes good length but it isn't clumpy, even though it has a big brush, it's easy to apply and doesn't smudge underneath your eyes!  Also, it is quite easy to remove with a normal make up wipe.


The second product that I have chosen is the CLINIQUE  Chubby Stick. They are around £10-£15 depending from where you get it from. Now I've never really been a lipstick lover, but when lipstick brands started bringing out nude colours, I started to like them. I get dry lips quite often and I never found a lipstick that would moisturize and have a great colour until I saw this. I'd heard a lot about these Chubby Sticks so I went and purchased one in the shade 06 Woppin' Watermelon. It is literally amazing. It's a baby pink shade but it doesn't make your lips really light, like a barbie doll, just a bit lighter, a nice shade. The best thing about this product is the fact that it moisturizes really well! It's not glossy, just matte but with a slight shine, which is good and it's highly pigmented which lasts throughout the day. Finally, because it is shaped like a crayon, then it is easy and quick to apply. If you haven't tried one of these, then I urge you too! It's a must have! And it comes in many different colours.


Another item that I have been loving lately is the Jack Wills Ladies Fragrance Rollerball. This mini perfume, fits great into your handbag and it smells amazing. I bought mine for £14.50. I find it hard to describe scents but it's just lovely, it's kind of flowery and girly but it's not that strong and over-powering it is just enough and I suppose it has a vintage side to it as well. You should go and try it because I have hopeless at describing things well! There is a slight difference between this one and another one, this one has blue writing on the box and there is another Jack Wills perfume with pink writing on the box, which isn't as nice because to me it was too over powering, but the one I have is called 'Fontwell Rollerball Scent' if that is any help? I came across this in the a Jack Wills shop, so I don't know if you can get it on the website, but I'm sure you can. Anyway it smells lovely and will be nice to wear as it is spring because it is a light perfume that just smells gorgeous. 


Now this product, is a little handy thing that I thought I would add in, even though I've had it for a couple of months now, it is the AVON Perfect Eyebrow Pencil. I think it was around £3 which is a bargain. I think this is a great product because it has an eyebrow pencil one end and a brush on the other, so it's 2 in 1. I have this in the shade 'Blonde' because I'm blonde, (obviously aha) and it's perfect, I don't draw on my eyebrows completely  I only touch them up and fill in gaps and it does a really good job, I now use it daily.


Last but certainly not least on my March Beauty Favourites is the L'OREAL Paris Super Liner, Ultra Precision Eyeliner. I draw on my eye liner daily and out of all the liquid eyeliners that I have tried, this is one of the best. Its like a thin felt tip, and it's soft which makes it even easier to apply. I don't usually have a thick line of eyeliner, but this can do any.. it's easy for a thin line or a thick. I like black eyeliners and its high pigmented and looks fab, it doesn't smudge and it lasts all day.  It is easy to remove as well, which is a good thing. The price of this eyeliner is around £7-£8 pound and I suppose that is kind a bit pricey for a high street (drug store) brand, but it is definitely worth it.  



Well, they have been my favourite make up products this past month. I hope you have enjoyed reading this, please let me know (by commenting)  if you have tried these products or if there is any products that you think I should try!


No comments:

Post a Comment